Recommendations and tips
- Always be aware that “all your anxiety, fuss” is not justified, there are situations even worse.
- It’s better to double-check everything than to start taking medication. “You will have time.” In this regard, remember: doctors can also make mistakes.
- If there is an opportunity, additionally confirm the diagnosis with other doctors, at least 2-3 specialists, without showing them the conclusions of previous doctors.
- The same with the conclusions about the surveys.
Stories from my life
I was born into a large family of a village teacher. At an early age, helping his father, he carried firewood on his shoulders and blew up his spine. Sharp pains in the chest began, especially in the heart. The pain intensified at night, when I went to bed, with deep breathing and with the change of weather. Father, as a rural teacher and an educated person, believed doctors and showed me to a district specialist. He gave me a severe diagnosis of “rheumatic heart disease” and categorically warned my father that I should be protected, limited physical activity, constantly monitored and strictly adhered to the prescribed treatment (taking medications).
This conversation took place in my presence. The doctor’s words made such a heavy impression on me that I put an end to my youth and waited for the end. However, later I was examined by cardiologists and heart disease was ruled out.
When I became a doctor, I learned that the pains in the region of the heart were associated with a spinal trauma and intensified due to the indentation of the roots when I went to bed (the so-called radicular pains).
I can give another example: my youngest child at the age of 6 months, when he was on artificial feeding, started vomiting with blood. None of the specialists involved could identify and establish an accurate diagnosis, prescribe the right treatment. Then the local doctor with the long-term experience has registered traditional medicamental therapy. I wanted to figure it out to the end, so as not to hurt the baby and turned to other specialists. The true cause of the disorders was found by the children’s dentist, it turned out that they were caused by a mechanical trauma of the sky from a coarse nipple. Such hard, long, and to the same non-aesthetic brown nipples sold pharmacies in Soviet times. As soon as we changed them to imported (short, soft and beautiful), the baby stopped crying and began to eat normally. I also thought: what if we went on the occasion of chemotherapy and gave the child the drugs that the district pediatrician prescribed?
I do not encourage you to give up medication. Everything must be individual: there are circumstances in life when a sick child cannot be helped without drug therapy.
After confirming the diagnosis, follow these recommendations.
- Do not delay your child support activities for tomorrow. Provide it as soon as possible.
- Remember, there are no hopeless children. Never be discouraged.
- You can start treatment at any time: it’s better late than never.
- Eliminate hyperoperation.
- Never cry in the presence of a sick child, do not show your helplessness, anxiety, vanity, etc.
- Treat him like a healthy child – do not feel sorry for him!
- Never spoil a child with a computer, phone. If they are capricious and hyperactive, extinguish their whims by active games, sports, walking around the zoo, going to the cinema, etc., including. useful work at home, at the dacha (at least a little, but useful).
- These children should be in a constant speech environment and be able to fulfill the available requirements at one level with healthy children (individually).
- Parents should apply various stimuli to the child for his psycho-speech, psychomotor and psycho-sensory development.
- It is not necessary to punish a child, but it is necessary to differentiate their desires and moods in physiologically accessible doses (with an individual approach).
- Avoid psycho-traumatic situations. Also, make sure that during the sleep near the child there are no negative conversations, there were no screams. Children in a dream “hear everything.”
- In the family, the mother, the father and other relatives must adhere to the same requirements for the child and do not ignore each other (in particular, the mother/father is required, and the grandparents regret and allow and indulge).
- Create a positive environment at home
- Forget resentments, scandals, farewell to each other, create at home the maximum positive emotions and support each other.
- Never envy other children whose mothers have achieved great results, including those families where healthy children grow.
- The happiness of one foreign child, the family should be your happiness.
- Watch your appearance, pay attention to your illness in time and take timely measures to eliminate them.
Address to experts. Remember:
- To treat a sick child, parents must be healthy!
- Do not limit yourself in life: rest, communication with friends, guests.
- Do not jam your “misfortune” with alcohol or smoking. Then do not stop.
- Be sure to connect other members of your families to rehabilitate the child.
- Do not take out your failures and grievances on the child and family members.
- Do not be indifferent to the problems of other members of your family.
- Do not be shy about the illness of your children, do not limit them and your contacts in a social environment. This is a big mistake.
Do not cause self-pity because of a child’s illness.
- Be confident and calm, walk with proud head, educate your children, persevere and at ease with the child. li>
- Tell other parents about your experiences and achievements.
- One should never hope for immediate results in the treatment and rehabilitation activities. Achieving results is hard work and a long way.
- Do not persistently feed your child. If the child is able to eat – give him freedom.
- If the child is able to walk himself, do not take it in his arms – this inhibits the development of small and large motor skills. Let him walk alone.
- If there is a bathroom nearby (toilet), then try not to use the pot (in each case it is decided individually).
Example. Masha was always fed by her mother. The child did not want to eat himself and often protested when the mother tried to force her to eat on her own. Then the mother began to put on the table ready food and from a distance watched the reaction of her daughter. On the 4th day, the child began to eat on his own, without the help of his mother.
Example. Three-year-old Timothy is constantly in the arms of his mother. If a mother refuses to take him in his arms, he falls down and cries. After contacting us and the examination, we did not find any pathology and it was recommended that the mother not pay attention to his whims. When the child once again asked to go to her mother’s hands, she refused it. “He fell to the floor and shouted.” Mother ignored his cry and left him. Then the child got up and went after Mama himself. So the child learned to walk himself, and we freed Mom from the loads. And there are many such examples.
On these examples (refusal to feed, take in hands), additional help is seen in the development of small and large motor skills of the child. I emphasize that all these actions were approved by me and conducted under my control, because the child had no physical disorders of the locomotor system of organic origin. This is all individually.
If you find a good specialist and see positive changes in the development of the child after the treatment he has given, share with other parents his experience of communicating with this specialist. If necessary, ask the level of qualifications of other professionals (the availability of a certificate, a license, scientific titles, publications, etc.), as well as its authority among patients, colleagues, etc. Do not forget that a real doctor will never criticize or show a negative attitude towards his colleagues. If it is, then you see jealousy and this should alert you.
All these recommendations concern relatively healthy (somatically and neurologically) children. The
For children who have severe somatic and neurological pathologies, these recommendations may be in a slightly modified form.
Always remember the truth: “Trust in God, and do not be bad yourself.”
According to our long-term observations, after the completion of the treatment process of improvement continues in the home-living conditions. After the termination of therapy at us do not stop to be engaged with children at home. Their brains should be in a constant targeted therapeutic load 24 hours a day. Load them with a useful “work”, let the children express themselves in creativity, etc. You must exclude the impact on children of psycho-traumas, scandals, and other negative situations.
I repeat, do not wait for a miracle, a miracle will come unobserved, but it’s a hell of a work.
I want to stress again. Patients who were treated with us and after treatment, at home, stop fulfilling our requirements and do not deal with the child, the family continues to have constant conflicts, socially unfavorable factors, etc., the children may be aggravated, the results may be reduced. But, with close observation, all the same it can be noted that positive changes remain.
For those parents who doubt the effectiveness of treatment and at the same time they are constantly tormented by “remorse” and obsessive thoughts about a duty to the child, we individually conduct a short-term therapy cycle (lasting 10 days). At the end of 10 days, parents decide whether to continue treatment in the future. And the “remorse” and obsessive thoughts about a duty to the child disappear from the soul, like a heavy load.
For some children with hyperactive behavior, the course of therapy should be selected individually, and the process of adaptation to treatment can occur no earlier than 2 – 3 cycles. In such cases, treatment must continue.
The child Maxim. His mother suffered from neurotic and somatoform disorders. The child and mother were treated and there was a significant improvement. After the termination of treatment at mother at job there was a conflict and other negative phenomena. She could not follow the advice of the doctor and the child was aggravated again. However, with a thorough history, it was found that the baby had stopped urinating (enuresis), the circadian food habits and meteorology had disappeared.
Child Andrew. Extreme hyperactivity and does not lag behind the mother (symbiosis with the mother). Hyper guardianship from the side of parents and grandfathers (grandmothers). On the third cycle, the child was able to adapt to independent communication with other children, including children. in the macro environment. However, in the future, we stopped the treatment because of the parents’ failure to fulfill our requirements.
Parents, before you come to us for treatment, consider these factors, think about your capabilities and the potential of the family.
Dear parents and patients. When you write information about the results of treatment conducted in our research institute, write the TRUTH on the forum, only the TRUTH, not mentioning my name. Be sure to describe the result you achieved, and how much of your work was invested to achieve this result, leave your contact numbers, addresses (indicating the country).
Professor Rahmanov Vagif Mamedovich